FTView ME Image Display visibility control

Mister Mac

Hi all,

I have a palletizing cell with two pallets each side of a palletizing robot. I have an FTView ME (ver 11) application running on a panelview plus HMI.

There are 19 different recipes on the machine each with a different pallet configuration. There are on average 5 different place positions on each layer.

On the HMI I am attempting to show a graphical representation of the amount of boxes loaded on each pallet. From our solidWorks software we have saved an image of each of the 5 place positions for each recipe. By this I mean for example on Recipe A, I have separate images of the pallet with 2 boxes shown on it, 4 boxes shown on it, 6 boxes shown on it, 8 boxes shown on it, 10 boxes shown on it.

So for each recipe there are 5 images (times 19 recipes = 95 images) ( times 2 pallets shown on display = 190 images)

Trying to place all these images on the display and control their visibility via recipe type and boxes placed tag works in theory. However to load the display takes a very long time, understandably.

Is there another sleeker way this can be achieved without embedding the images into the display, like load a specific image when a certain tag value is high.

Thanks in advance

Maybe create a separate page for each recipe? You can use a PLC tag to control which page is displayed on the PanelView.

Hi Matthew,

Yes , that is a possible solution. As the graphic is displayed on the main display I do not want to create 19 main displays. This would look very untidy in the project development file.

If the different pallet graphics were contained on a smaller on top display, this may work if that display is opened via a macro called when the main display is opened. I will have to test this

The easiest solution would be to avoid using the images entirely and just creating 10 boxes inside of FactoryTalk, then using visibility and vertical/horizontal position animation for the different recipes.

If you're set on using images then I believe the only way to avoid having all images on one display is to make separate displays for each as Matthew said. Images are unfortunately not very modular, hence my first suggestion.