FTView ME with color animations on navigation button

phuz

I've been doing so much in Wonderware and IFIX lately that I think I forgot this was impossible on FTView ME. Is there still no way to color-animate a navigation button? Version 9.0 and I still need to have a separate, transparent GoTo button on top of a color-animated panel to get the same effect?

No, no I am not. I love the hardware so much and I just wish their software could compete with the others. Sadly, it can't.

At this past TechEd I purposely took a ME lab so I could show the "engineers" some issues. They acknowledged the things I mentioned but I doubt it will go any further. There are bugs from early on (pre v5) that still aren't fixed. The fact that there isn't the ability to do simple scripting is sad. I should be able to write a script or function that can call a display and write to the PLC on a single button press. While it's possible to do this, it's WAY too complicated. I really dislike using their HMI software. If it was free or low cost, maybe I could excuse things more. But their software is overpriced, and the support is extra.

At this past TechEd I purposely took a ME lab so I could show the "engineers" some issues. They acknowledged the things I mentioned but I doubt it will go any further. There are bugs from early on (pre v5) that still aren't fixed. The fact that there isn't the ability to do simple scripting is sad. I should be able to write a script or function that can call a display and write to the PLC on a single button press. While it's possible to do this, it's WAY too complicated. I really dislike using their HMI software. If it was free or low cost, maybe I could excuse things more. But their software is overpriced, and the support is extra.

I know what you mean. My last Tech Ed visit was 2008 and I did the same thing with bringing issues to their attention. They never got resolved. Simple scripting would be nice. It's available in FTView SE, and since ME also runs on Windows, I don't know why it's so complicated to add the same functionality in ME. It would be a huge thumbs up.

Have you seen their View5000 software?

It is included with (Logix) Designer5000, at no extra charge. It runs on the same hardware as the PanelView Plus 7, but different catalog and firmware OS.

You can animate any of the colours on buttons.
You can also run multiple commands with a single button click.

Regardless, my guess is that their efforts are on that new software and we are unlikely to see (m)any changes with FTView ME.

Have you seen their View5000 software?

It is included with (Logix) Designer5000, at no extra charge. It runs on the same hardware as the PanelView Plus 7, but different catalog and firmware OS.

You can animate any of the colours on buttons.
You can also run multiple commands with a single button click.

Regardless, my guess is that their efforts are on that new software and we are unlikely to see (m)any changes with FTView ME.

I briefly looked at it. Not sure you are correct about running on PV+. I believe it only runs on Panelview5500. Also, last time I checked it had limits on displays, alarms, targets/shortcuts, etc. I haven't checked in a while, so maybe they have removed the limitations. Also, they are still developing ME. I don't think they are giving more focus on the newer stuff. This is simply was RA does, and has been doing for years.

James