FTView SE Import problem ActiveX

spaderkung

Hi,

Using FTView 8.20, exact same version on developer PC and customer PC I have problem with alarm view.

I use an old project as starting point. This opens OK when imported to either PC. But after I backup this application and restore it on customer PC the display with the alarm summary view using built in template will not open. The 2 error message says

FactoryTalk Alarm and Event Summary:
Newer file version of ActiveX control required.
CAB file missing on the server:
localhost/RSViewActiveXControlSetup/FTAlarmSummaryocx.cab.

The application was not even modified by me yet. Just backuped and restored. Restoring the "old" project then the display works. But not after my backup.

The cause is that on my development computer I have newer versions of

FactoryTalkAlarms and events
2.81 as opposed to 2.80 on the "new" install on customer PC

It is not possible to upgrade on the customer PC - says "product already installed" so it is grey in install box

On my PC i uninstalled FTView, but several components are left. I also have Studio5000 on my PC.

I fear uninstalling from windows only the alarms and events will dig the hole deeper because there are several other components also with 2.81 version.

Usually requires copying over the same Cab/Dll/OCX files and re-registering them on the new machine. Sometimes, if you have a newer version on the newer PC, you can open up the window in developer and resave it to link to the newer Active X. Used to work like that in RSView32, don't know about FTSE.