FTView SE Launching an excel file

gotsnow64

thought this would be easy....
working with Factory Talk View SE 6.10 I have a string input where my operator inputs a date in the format YYYY/MM/DD
I want to launch an excel file with the name YYYY/MM/DDAL.Dat where the date the operator enters corresponds to the date of the excel file. Any thoughts. Can't figure out how to enter a tag value into the appstart command??
AppStart "C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\excel.exe""C:\AlmLog\YYYY/MM/DDAL.Dat"
:mad:
My head hurts!

Similar Topics

Hi, I'm trying to display a popup in FTview when a PLC tag reaches 0. Then you have to hit a confirm button to close the popup. I should probably...
Replies
Views
I am creating a global object in FTView SE 13. I want to have a string read from the PLC and display (in this case the tagname). So lets say...
Replies
Views
I want to set user security level based on the value of a tag in my PLC called "ActiveUser". That tag will contain the A-P code which we use for...
Replies
Views
Hi All, we've recently upgraded from FTView SE v10 to v12. Since the upgrade we've been having a problem where the HMI is slow to update tags in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue accessing tags in 3 of my plcs'. When I go to select a tag there is no folder drop down as can be seen in the photo. Any...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom