FTView v14 new 'features'

Rob.Hill

I don't think this has been discussed on here - so thought I'd share.

TLDR: FTView v14 looks like it requires Logix Designer v36 on the same machine to able to browse v36 ACD files.

I know FTView offline tag browser has always been a little buggy - but I always managed to get it running in the past (full file path was the usual one which caught me out in the past) - but I really struggled this time.

I have been on with Tech support most of the week and we found offline tag browsing would work with any project up to and including studio 5000 v35, but not v36.

But the tech support guy (who was lovely and really helpful) was able to browse v36 files from his windows 10 vm machine, but not from a windows 11 machine (same as what I was using) - so we thought it may have been windows dependant.

After I spun up a windows 10 vm and it still wouldn't work - he span up another windows 10 vm, but this time just with FTView v14 (not with Logix Designer v36 on the same machine like his original windows 10 machine).

With this configuration -he got the same issues I did - not able to browse v36 offline tags.

Hence his recommendation was to have FTView v14 and logix designer v36 on same machine.

I pointed out my issues in the past with conflicts and why I keep FTView separate to Logix Designer. He advised this wasn't really an issue anymore as long as you installed versions that only had the same underlying FT Services Platform.

Cheers
Rob

Isn't this usually a problem with mismatched FactoryTalk Services platform version on the two machines? I have however been lucky not to need to use the offline tag browser.

Also, another new feature of FTView 14 is that there's a 14 on the box. /s

I`m not sure tbh. But this is a fresh install on separate machines, both running services platform v6.4.

I`ve just found out the application documenter isnt fully working either.

I wish I had waited :rolleyes:

I'm still surprised v14 exists because I was under the impression that they wouldn't be allowed to ship ActiveX in the IDE after v13. The firmware is still stuck on v12.107 for the PV+ 7 performance and I think that is ActiveX related.