FTView VBA - FTView VBA - Differences between view commands

Revnus

Hi all.

Currently I'm working on a VBa script for FTView.
I would like to understand a bit better about some commands.

1) What are the differences between the commands "ShowDisplay", "LoadDisplay" etc

2) Related to question 1. How can I use objects exposed to VBA from a display on another display code.

3) What are differences between prefix "Application." "Me."?

Thanks

Hi all.

Currently I'm working on a VBa script for FTView.
I would like to understand a bit better about some commands.

1) What are the differences between the commands "ShowDisplay", "LoadDisplay" etc

2) Related to question 1. How can I use objects exposed to VBA from a display on another display code.

3) What are differences between prefix "Application." "Me."?

Thanks

Someone?

If you press F2 while in the VBA editor, you get a browser that is pretty helpful.

From there you can see what methods "Me." and "Application." offer. "Me." is a reference to the current display, it can be omitted most of the time, but is necessary if you use generic routines. In effect you can assume DisplayCode routines run like this:

Sub Private Animation_Start()
With Me
' your code
End With
End Sub

Also, F1 while in VBA editor gives VBA help instead of FTV help. Show makes a display visible, Load puts a display in memory but not visible (think background)

If you press F2 while in the VBA editor, you get a browser that is pretty helpful.

From there you can see what methods "Me." and "Application." offer. "Me." is a reference to the current display, it can be omitted most of the time, but is necessary if you use generic routines. In effect you can assume DisplayCode routines run like this:

Sub Private Animation_Start()
With Me
' your code
End With
End Sub

Also, F1 while in VBA editor gives VBA help instead of FTV help. Show makes a display visible, Load puts a display in memory but not visible (think background)

Thanks!
Since I'm a beginner on VBA I did'nt know the best way to seek info.
I will try these help files.