FTVSE Alarms via VBA

Gener

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am wondering if anyone has created an alarm within a global object via VBA? Yes, I will explain. I have a global object. It references an array for the data. [0] is status. If [0] is 3 it is tripped the highest level of alarm for the device, if [0] = 4 that is just an alarm. 1= open 2= closed. So the deviation or level tags in the alarm and event will not work. I could do it in my plc but right now I am just using the plc to pass data onto FTVSE. I do not want to manually create hundreds of tags, at least two every time I use that global object so i thought if i could do in vba of the object I could save myself some work. Thoughts?

Why won't a level alarm work?

[0] = 3, High alarm, Severity 1000
[0] = 4, High High alarm, Severity 750 (or Severity something less than High alarm Severity)

[0] <> 3 or 4, no alarm.

There was at one time a VBA guide for SE. Maybe look for it through the Knowledgebase or call your distributor.