RSView32 to FTVSE Station

Hoozie

I have converted RSV32 to FTVSE Distributed. pretty straightforward...
I cant seem to figure out how or find any documentation to migrate RSV32 to FTVSE Station. Is there a quick way to do this or just create a new Station application and start importing all of the Distributed application items?

I have converted RSV32 to FTVSE Distributed. pretty straightforward...
I cant seem to figure out how or find any documentation to migrate RSV32 to FTVSE Station. Is there a quick way to do this or just create a new Station application and start importing all of the Distributed application items?

To clarify, there are two application types called "Station". There is a "Network Station" and a "Local Station" (usually called Local). I'm guessing you are referring to the Local Station type.

For a Network Station application you can create a new application or use an existing application. Create a new HMI Server and select Import and then choose RSView32. You perform the import as part of adding the HMI server.

For a Local Station type application an HMI Server is created by default. It cannot be deleted. Nor can you add a second HMI server. So, you cannot import into an existing local application. Instead, you must create a new application, and as part of creating the application, you import the RSView32 application into that new FT Local Station application.

In FT Studio on the tab for New there is an Import button. Click on that and you will be able to specify that you are importing an RSView32 application.

OG

Last edited:
Thanks OG. Appreciate your help
I tried that but probably did not see the import button when creating a Local Station. I'll try that tomorrow.

Yeah... :sick:
In 25 years of this I bet I've spent a months worth of time looking for, or overlooking, a button or checkbox. Whether its Rockwell, Siemens, Autodesk....

Thanks again OG. I have my SE Local Station client running now. Spent 8 hours this week trying do something that takes 15 minutes!