Function Calls in Step7

OK farmboy_jon, you're right. It is correct. And it is one of the most efficient ways to initialize certain variables, since you can influence 32 bits with only 2 lines of code. You mostly see it in OB100 (for S7-300/400), OB101 (for S7-400) and (although restricted to 16 bits) in OB's 20 to 22 for the S5 family.

Kind regards,

Jean Pierre Vandecandelaere
Instructor PLC - SCADA

Similar Topics

So I have a program for an Omron CJ1M PLC that I have to reverse engineer for a customer. This PLC is meant to control a water pump station...
Replies
Views
Is this possible? I'll use this scenario as an example. I have a function block that represents the behavior of an I/O card, say a 2 channel...
Replies
Views
I know there is a way to do this...but I'm sufferring from brain-lock at the moment, and can't remember how :) I need to be able to pass a word...
Replies
Views
I am new to programming the Siemens Step 7 Micro/Win software. But I found a useful subroutine albeit Function Call on the internet to provide...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have attached herewith one image which our programmer has been used in S7 1500 PLC. Now we need to use the same instructions in S7 1200 PLC...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom