Funny but valid question - flashing bit as input to Counter

passwordg

Hi... I'm still learning how to code for PLC's

Using Allen Bradley SLC 500 and RSLogix, I made a flashing bit using timers.
Now, I assumed if I use this flashing bit as an input to a counter, it will count this very rapidly, which it does not. Why is that ?

Thanks. I'm still trying to learn so not sure how lame this question is.:sick:

Hi... I'm still learning how to code for PLC's

Using Allen Bradley SLC 500 and RSLogix, I made a flashing bit using timers.
Now, I assumed if I use this flashing bit as an input to a counter, it will count this very rapidly, which it does not. Why is that ?

Thanks. I'm still trying to learn so not sure how lame this question is.:sick:

Welcome to the Forum!

It should work, but we would have to see your PLC Code to see what is going on. You can post it (Zip it first - Forum Rule), and we will have a look at it.

Stu....

also have a look at the "S" bit register functions
- there are some interesting ones there.