gathering data with excel from abb plc

moneyfreddie

hello, i have a project im about to start, i will be thankful for any help i can get, as you guys are always helpful. ok i am not sure yet what abb plc i will be using, but it will be rsloxics 500 software, i will be taking digital inputs from 34 drives to let me know if running or not. now i want to use this signal to know when the drive started, how long it ran and when stoped how long before it ran again. ok not to bad there, but i was told we will buy a software to take that data from the plc and write it to an excel file, where should i start my research, for setting up microsoft excel.

Be careful with your terms... ABB and RSLogix 500 are from two different manufacturers. Perhaps you meant A/B?

To allow Excel to read data from an Allen-Bradley PLC, you will need a licensed version of RSLinx, the free version called RSLinx Lite does not support the DDE/OPC features.

If you have RSLinx, look in its help file and search for Excel. There are step by step instructions on how to set that up. Even the Lite version has the help topics for this...