RED LION G3 gathering passive TCP/IP strings

KNeland

I have been tasked with bringing in ascii string data from some scales in our plant, onto the RL for display as well as utilization. My code writing skills are basically non-existent, and up to now I have simply modified code examples in the manual or from the Crimson program list to accomplish a few needed actions.

The scales are echoing serial print strings onto the network, and I have had little luck finding the method to grab the information. I have set up a network protocol using the raw TCP/IP (for lack of a driver to communicate with the scales). From there I have randomly tried different complex code examples but no dice......I am painfully aware of the vast lack of knowledge I posses in this area, by perusing previous threads related to Crimson and the code stuff....
...How to learn structured text in 3 easy steps.....?

Any help?

Kyle

I have a sample that I used in the past to read Mettler scales... PM me and I will send it to you. I have a separate one to read UDP data so verify which one you need (assume TCP... but thought I would ask).

[email protected]

Omron HMI

Dear frndz..!

i have a doubt about Omron NS or NP HMI will communicate with ABB Symphony controller ?

Pls reply me..!