GE Cimplicity HMI- Redundancy issue

jawad rasool

when I try to open an application of GE Cimplicity HMI (developed in some other system and I don't know the specs of that syatem, i only know that the application was developed with Cimplicity 6.1 SP 1a), a pop up message appears "Opening a Redudant Project requires redundancy to be installed". Plz help what is this??

Redundancy in Cimplicity is an optional module requiring a separate license. When yo installed Cimplicity on your computer you did not include that option. If you still have the Cimplicity installation CD you can try to install it, but if you don't have a license for it I'm not sure how much good that will do.

Redundancy in Cimplicity is an optional module requiring a separate license. When yo installed Cimplicity on your computer you did not include that option. If you still have the Cimplicity installation CD you can try to install it, but if you don't have a license for it I'm not sure how much good that will do.

I don't find any redundancy option in the selection menu while installing the cimplicity, please look at the attached snap shot of selection menu.

Cimplicity (selection Menu during Installation).jpg

A quick look at the help files reveal a couple of possibilities.

First, if you don't have a license, a Cimplicity project will only run for two hours in demo mode and then stop. Several options, including Host Redundancy will not run in demo mode.

Second, there was an option called Series 90 redundancy in earlier Cimplicity versions that is no longer supported in newer version.