GE Fanuc Micro Comms and Proficy

tlbates

I've got to replace a Fanuc Micro IC620MDR014D 14 point PLC that has an "intermittent" run/program switch. I want to download the logic from the old and reload into a new PLC, but have never seen one of these little jewels. I have Proficy ME 7.0, but am unsure how to make the comms connection or if I can even use Proficy. It appears the brick has an Ethernet connector for comms. The original programming ladder diagrams state it was written with Versa Pro, but no other information is available. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tom

This link is referencing a different Micro.
The one in the OP is the VERY old (first Micro) unit that GE sourced from someone while they designed the Series 90 Micro which is also obsolete and retired.

The Software for the IC620 Micros is no longer available anywhere that I know of so here it is in the .ZIP below it includes an update to version 243.
Link to manual with cable pin assignments from Post # 2 above:
http://prz-rzeszow.pl/~tomz/Teoria%2...c/gfk0803b.pdf

BTW there is no support on this. The 'ReadMe.1st' file here has a 1993 date. It just may be older than some of the people on this forum. :)

Last edited:
I've got to replace a Fanuc Micro IC620MDR014D 14 point PLC that has an "intermittent" run/program switch. I want to download the logic from the old and reload into a new PLC, but have never seen one of these little jewels. I have Proficy ME 7.0, but am unsure how to make the comms connection or if I can even use Proficy. It appears the brick has an Ethernet connector for comms. The original programming ladder diagrams state it was written with Versa Pro, but no other information is available. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tom

I suggest you re-write the program in a different PLC. I have converted a few of these into the newer S90 Micro from GE, which is also obsolete now. For those it was best to work from a Sequence Of Operations description of the process rather than attempting a rung-for-rung translate. YMMV

Last edited: