ge plc pid loop not moving

joeparrish

First off let me say I am not very good with ge plc's.

We have a pid ISA loop that the cv never changes it is a max and stays at max.

Looking at the loop I see the pv move up and down and I can change the sp up or down on our screen.

However if I right click and go to tune the loop The pv shows going up and down but the sp is a different number than what is set and does not move.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

can you post screen shots of both the ladder and the config page, not familiar with ge but sounds like it is getting it's setpoint from another location similar to ABs program mode. also are you sure it's enabled the enable bit should have a true condition in front of it

Last edited:
Has anyone made any changes at all recently? It could be something else writing to the SP and overwriting what shows on your HMI.
Also, is the PID function enabled by logic true at the upper LH node on the function block? And logic false at the "MAN" node?