GE Proficy Machine Addition 9.0 Issue

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good evening everyone,
My first GE Project. I am using a GE VersaMax Nano(IC200UDD040-AB) using PME 9.0. The PLC has the IC200UEM001 Ethernet card added to it.

Everything was working fine, I found a small error in my %R registers so I made the change and then downloaded the project.

Now when I go online with the PLC I don't see any data in the program blocks like I did before. There are red question mark boxes by each contact and coil. There is a message on the lower right hand part of the screen that flashes "**WAITING FOR DATA FROM CONTROLLER**".

I know the PME is going online with the controller as it says so in the Feedback Zone. I know the PLC is in Run mode as the HMI connected to it works just fine. I can ping it and the HMI can connect to it over the Ethernet so I know all that is working.

Any ideas what happened and how to get this back to working like it was?

Thanks in advance.

That's a new issue to me.
First I would see if connecting to the serial port is working using the serial cable IC200CBL555.
Next I would turn off my anti-virus software and maybe even all protection and see if it picks up, if it does that could mean that the port needed was being blocked.

And in all issues with any software I would make sure that I had the latest updates (SIM). https://ge-ip.force.com/communities/CC_Knowledge?contents=SIMs__c&q=PME%209

FYI: The IC200UDD040 is a VM Micro not Nano.

Thanks Russ and Steve,
Well I power cycled the PLC and everything is working fine now. I went ahead and got the latest update to PME downloaded and installed.

I am having trouble setting a permanent IP Address using the supplied instuctions. I will start a new thread for that.