GE to SIEMENS PLC Upgradation

aruljothi1987

Hi Guys,

I had a project that is conversion to GE 90 Series to Siemens S7 1515 PLC. In GE Program I had in PDF format in that I studied logic and try do in Siemens TIA. In This Case i had some quires regarding memory usages.

Variable L Type, I had a confusions they used multiple places ONE particular address (Eg %L00027 five times) like this more address with different Variable name.

In Retentive Set(SM) and Retentive Reset(RM) coils.

Siemens How to Use those If Set and Rest only available.

From a GE 90/70 Manual:

%L - This prefix references local registers that are unique to a local program block

In Siemens, you use the Set ---( S ) and Reset ---( R ) instructions, and make sure the memory address you use with them is retentive (ex: an M bit that is in the retentive range).