Ge Versamax connection

Browdsd

I have a new computer and it doesn't have an ethernet port. I am trying to connect to the Versamax Micro Plus with a type c to ethernet adapter. The ip address and subnet are set correctly, tries to connect but eventually times out. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

If I'm not mistaken, the ethernet port (Port 2) on the VersaMax Micro is actually a serial/ethernet converter, so your connection from the PC to the PLC is USB -> ethernet -> ethernet -> RS485. It's not really a surprise that maintaining a connection is a struggle. You might have better success getting a USB/RS232 converter and connecting to Port 1.

We are using the Versamax Ethernet module. Which was working smoothly until computer change. We have the versamax micro plus ic200udr020-cd, would I have to change the ethernet module to a rs232? I am new to this project. Thank You for your help

It's been several years since I worked with one of those. But I think the ethernet module is Port 2 and Port 1 is still available when you add it. The following is from GFK-1645M, page 117:

Port 1 is a built-in RS-232 serial port with an RJ-45 connector.
A second port can be added to a 40-Point Micro PLC using one of the port Option Modules described in Chapter 14:. If a second port is installed, both ports can be used for programming. Only one port can be used at a time for programming, but both ports can be used for monitoring at the same time.

But, if it was working OK on a different computer, then it seems the problem is in the way the new computer is set up. Is Machine Edition trying to use Wi-Fi instead of the hardwired ethernet port? Is the ethernet port you're using on the computer set up for fixed IP address and have you set it to be in the same subnet as the PLC? Is your version of Machine Edition compatible with the OS you're using in the new computer? You previously needed version 9.5 for Windows 10 compatibility. I don't know what version you need for Windows 11.

I am wondering if the type c to RJ-45 adapter is capable of communicating with the versamax. I am working with version 9.5 and windows 10. Thanks Again for all your help.