Get data into Lookout Direct AD205 PLC

ERIC14779

I have a excel 2007 file with a VB Macro that the user will enter some data on what punch and where to start how many and the "pitch" between them.

My VB Macro expands them out, adds in the punch station zero offsets and sorts them by location from zero to the end... as an extra I save a ASCII file that has the first line showing the total number of items, then each position with the punch number apended onto the end of the 3 place decimal as below.

12 <----- Total "hits"
0.0081 <----- last digit at right is Punch # (this one is punch #1)
18.8863 <----- Punch # 3

all good so far, but now with Lookout Direct I can not find how to save from Excel 2007 to a Excel 4.0 Worksheet.. The customer may even have a newer version of Excel that I will be putting on the LKD computer for runtime.

Anybody have any ideas on how I convert the Excel file to what LKD can read, or a way to use my .TXT file to get the data into LKD ??

Thanks

If i recall lookout is not compatibale with newer excel verisons.I would call A.D.this is where there FREE tech support comes in handy

Called AD....

no other real choice to get data into Lookout Direct...

Must find a copy of Excel that can save as a ver. 4.0 Worksheet

only other option is to get a Ethernet modual for my PLC and conect with SDK using VB

Mark,

Yeah.... I saw that too and thought I was OK... but it is only for Excel 5.0 and Excel 95

I found a old copy of Office 2000 and it can save as excel 4.0 worksheet I will try that

Mark Yep, Excel 2000 can save as 4.0 Worksheet...

Now:

I am good on the file type.

Now the next question is, can you select from within LKD the Excel file you want to read, I will have a different Excel file for each part that I will have.

There will be a long list of different parts each with its own Excel file...

I want to read in specific cells say B32 (Part Number) & C32 (Total # of Hits)

and then a range of cells starting at E3 to E3+(C32) These cells contain the positions and tool #'s as shown in my fist post above.... each part will have a different quantity of positions.