Getting online with BRX processor

Jim G.

I am having difficulty getting online with an Automation Direct BRX processor. Model number is BX-DM1E-M.

Have set an IP address through USB initially, but when trying to connect to it with an ethernet cable, the processor does not recognize it.

When trying to set up a link, the MAC address doesn't even show up.

I have set these things up before. AD stuff is usually pretty straight forward, but this one has me scratching my head.

Am helping a colleague with his home project. Standalone processor with a C-more micro. I can communicate with the C-more OK. Everything is connected through an unmanaged switch.

My colleague built and programmed the setup. He is asking for help because the touchscreen is not communicating with the processor.

Watched several videos on line to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but have had no success yet.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

AD stuff is usually pretty straight forward, but this one has me scratching my head.

I agree usually the only issue I have is I need to re-boot every once in a while

When you open Do-more does it see any active? have you gone back to the USB cable and does it see it?

Under system configuration, the IP address of the processor is shown when online using the USB.

What finally worked is when setting up the link for the ethernet connection, we had to go to advanced settings and enter the serial number of the processor under a selection of model number. Looks like the MAC address had to be re-entered for the ethernet connection to be made.

I don't understand everything that went on and why this worked, but the setup is working and communicating now.

Thanks