Getting Siemens PLC Software

I do not know, it is probably that some of the features have changed, I had the original source file that would load & I could monitor but it would not allow mods, the reason they came out with 5.xx is to allow the 300/400 to be used on a win7 PC. There is obvious differences in the later PLC firmware so instead of creating backward compatibility they re-hashed the older Step 7, think about it, if you can no longer support the hardware then you have to upgrade the big boys know ways to extract money from upgrades ;)

BC, Alberta and I believe Saskatchewan it' EB Horseman.
Ontario and Quebec it's Franklin Empire.
Anywhere else just call you electrical supplier and ask them who the Siemens automation dealer is and they will guide you.

Now if I am looking for anything Siemens automation I call Franklin Empire no matter where I am in the country. Can't beat their prices and more importantly their customer service.