Getting started with Siemens

Thanks so much for all the advice.
Based on possible future needs, the choice fell on the S7-1200 STARTER KIT C / BASIC PANEL KTP700 package with Step7 basic floating license.
And I try to progress as much as possible.

Thanks again.

Good luck!

The best advice I can give is that a Siemens PLC wants to be used differently than an AB one. You can program it in a way that makes it work similar to a Logix, sort of, but you'll hate it. If you take the time to learn the features and best practices, you might be a fan.

Start with this guide:

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/ww/en/view/90885040

Similar Topics

Hello PLCS.net! I have a CPU315-2PN/DP with a CP343-1 attached to it. What are the latest and greatest software associated with it? How do I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, this is my first time working with a PLC and dealing with hardware, so please have patience with me. I have an electric rod-style...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, First post here and looking through, there are a lot of people that have different expierences and practices. A little bit of my...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys, I have plenty of experience with AB plcs . What is a good starting point to learn about fanuc robot programming. How to get started? Is...
Replies
Views
A long time ago..... I studied Micrologix PLCs in about 1999 or 2000. Since then, I have mainly played with GE/Fanuc 9030 and 9070 PLCs. Where to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom