Fanuc Robot Programming. Getting Started

bornwild

Hey Guys,
I have plenty of experience with AB plcs . What is a good starting point to learn about fanuc robot programming. How to get started? Is it difficult to pick up ? Can some one tell me any training online courses which would help me. I wanted to add this skill to my job.

Fanuc has made the online access to their documentation pretty tight...
They do have a online/web self driven course you can take that will teach you the basics and get you familiar with there robot and teach pendant.
Its not free, but worth the cost.

I took the course and it was a good way to learn how to jog, teach, edit.. etc..
I originally took ABB robot course and Fanuc has a different style or technique to their robot so the online course was pretty helpful. Shorten the learning curve for me for sure.

It was around 2007 when I worked for a company that used Fanuc palletizing robots. They sent me to school to take two of the courses to get up to speed. The school was probably the best of any paid courses I have taken. It cost around $2800 if I recall per week long class and was money well spent. Traveling from Saudi Arabia to Rochester Hills might be a problem. The quality of the curriculum and the instructor was top of the line, so I would expect the same from their e-courses. The only complaint I ever had about Fanuc Robotics was how stingy they are with manuals. They want crazy amounts of money for a cheap paper binder for any specific firmware or hardware and they will hunt you down and have your a$$ if they find you post a copy online.