Ghost USB Boot for Win10

Ones_Zeros

Guys I know this may not be a PLC question but I do have a issue that I was needing some advise.

I was needing to know the best way to create a bootable usb drive for Norton Ghost for imaging drives for windows 10?

I have the DOS Ghost.exe file but I can’t seem to get a bootable USB that will work on new Pc that have newer BIOS.
The usb will work on an old legacy boot bios but not a newer bios.
(Fast boot or secure boot) what ever they call it now.

Is there a way to format the usb to work on old and new bios on windows 10 pc’s

I appreciate your help
Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve tried Rufus but it still won’t allow the usb to boot up on the newer bios that has secure boot or fast boot.it just doesn’t detect it.

I can put the same usb in an older pc and it boots up to the ghost usb stick

Could it be USB3.0 issue then as you have working USB media.

Is there any disabling options on bios for USB3.0 speed.
Also you can try to add USB2.0 hub between stick and PC to slow speed and check if USB stick is then detected.

Sometimes there is security settings in the bios to not allow flash drives to be initialized before the boot process. Try to go through each option in the bios menu until you find something like that.

Also, turn off secure boot and fast boot.

Also, you said it's a newer computer? If its old it made be the size of the flash drive that's causing the issue.