GML Commander to 1394C Servo

sifis

Banned User
I am trying to connect a GML Commander to a 1394C Servo using USB to RS232 connector in WIN 7 / WIN XP.
GML Commander allows ports 1 to 4 only.
Win 7 / WIN XP assign a higher port than 4 (8,9,10).
So, no connection.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

I added a link to instructions...scroll down the the green highlighted "best answer" in the link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283047-45-configure-port-com1

After it assigns them, are you able to refresh your view in Device Manager and see them?

If so, try editing the COM number after the device in enabled.
Thank you,
I tried it, great help but no cigar.
Com ports 3 to 9 are in use.
I assigned it com port 1, it accepted it & then it reassigned to comm port 10.
Thank you.

GML Commander

Thank you,
I tried it, great help but no cigar.
Com ports 3 to 9 are in use.
I assigned it com port 1, it accepted it & then it reassigned to comm port 10.
Thank you.

How can I see what is in comm ports 1 to 9?
I want to free up comm port 3.
That is the port that GML Commander wants.

You may have to poke around in the BIOS of the PC to make sure there are not hardware devices using COM1-4.

Also, you may also try researching the particular make of converter you have for options to configure it to request or even reserve certain settings including COM number.

BTW, my USB 4G modem takes up com7, 8, and 10... Do you have other USB com devices plugged in?

Also, under the View menu, check Show Hidden Devices, just in case.

Last edited: