Grabbing data from process analyst

josh_d

Im trying to extract data from a process analyst object, to create custom trend controls.

The object exists on a citect page and onPageShow, I call a function:

######################################

FUNCTION ConfigurePA()

OBJECT hPanes, hPane, hPens, hPen;
STRING sPen1Comment;

hPanes = _ObjectGetProperty(ObjectByName("AN23"), "Items");
hPane = _ObjectCallMethod(hPanes, "get_Item", 1);
hPens = _ObjectGetProperty(hPane, "Items");
hPen = _ObjectCallMethod(hPens, "get_Item", 1);

_ObjectCallMethod(hPen, "GetField", "Comment", sPen1Comment);

END //ConfigurePA()
######################################

Im trying to extract the tag comment from pen 1, so I can display it on the citect page. However, It doesn't work at all and I end up with two errors.

ERROR1:
Error 274: DESC: 'Invalid argument passed'
ERRPAGE: '_ObjectGetProperty'
ERRDESC: 'ConfigurePA'

ERROR2:
Error 433: DESC: 'Cicode type mismatch'
ERRPAGE: '_ObjectGetProperty'
ERRDESC: 'ConfigurePA'

Is it possible I dont have the function library included? From looking at the errors, Citect example code, and tinkering.. I cant find the problems!

Thanks for any help.

Your error is in this line:

hPanes = _ObjectGetProperty(ObjectByName("AN23"),"Items");

Check the syntax for ObjestGetProperty. It does not like either AN23 or Items. One or both are incorrect. Check to see what Properties Citect has available.