Grubby Fingers

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Is there any way of refurbishing a Panelview.
Function key readability is pretty bad.
PanelView 600 Color, RS-232 (DH485)
2711-K6C5
Can the front panel be replaced?

PV600.jpg

The Function key labels (F1, F2, F3...) are actually printed on a plastic strip that slides in and out from the back of the bezel. The rectangular windows in the bezel are transparent.

If those black smudges are abrasion and can't be removed, you won't be able tosee through to the F-keys anymore.

My recommendation would be just to paint over the labels.

The bezel and screen are tightly glued together to give the PanelView its environmental ratings, and you can't buy the bezel separately. The whole screen and bezel have to be replaced together.

Dyno-Tape.

I remember some addition tanks where the operator cut bags with a knife and inserted the contents into the tank. He then had to press some buttons to re-start.

We had to change those keypads quite often with all them knife wounds.

Wow! Change your app to use F4, F5, F9, and F10. ;-).

gbradley said:
Is there any way of refurbishing a Panelview.
Function key readability is pretty bad.
PanelView 600 Color, RS-232 (DH485)
2711-K6C5
Can the front panel be replaced?

PV600.jpg

Thanks
Problem Fixed.
PVFix.jpg

(The first thing the operator did was push on the JPEG and say "it doesn't work" :)

I bought a used Panelview on Ebay, but it had an older Firmware. (3.13)

My Teminal was setup for 2711-K6C5 PV600 Color Key, FRN 3.30-3.xx

Great I’ll just roll back the PanelBuilder file, but when I tried to save the the program, some of the Gauge indicators and Bar graphs would no longer work.

It took me a little bit, but I was able to download the latest Firmware from Rockwell, and upload it to the Panelview. 2711-K6C5 PV600 Color Key, FRN 4.00-4.09

I used the PanelView Firmware Upgrade Utility

Then everything worked out OK.

NewPV600.jpg

Maybe you should look at getting some overlay's for it we use them all the time after it get dirty we just pull it off and install a new one this save's on the panel view. We also use them on the panel view touch it really save's on the screens even when your fingers are clean it leave the oil off of you finger and eat's away at the screen. So every new piece of equipment that we get with a panel view we install the overlay.