Gsm module +micrologix 1100

Hi Tawfeeq,

What do you want from the GSM modem when connected? Are you intending to use it to send SMS alarms/plant info on event to assigned users, or do you need to be able to log in to the PLC remotely using the GSM network?

Modems will vary from different manufacturers, but in principle, you should be able to connect to the 8-pin mini din socket on the ML1100 using RS232 directly to your modem (check your modem user manual for pin connections TX/RX etc.)

We normally use the 1761-CBL-PM02 lead to connect to the ML1100 then modify the 9-pin end to interface with the modem.

If you can outline what you want to achieve, it will be easier to advise a suitable solution for you.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Dear rob

Thank you very much and i really appreciate ur helping :) ..... im planning to use it for the both purposes sending alert sms and login to the PLC remotely .

PLC : AB ML1100 GSM module : westermo GD-01

im already connected it by the cable but the problem is there are no sms sent from the module as i finished the sending sms code .... i dont know if there is some configurations i must take care about them ?
the code is attached.

Last edited:
Hi Tawfeeq,

Try the attached code as a test. The ASCII characters you have in your string files don't look right to me and your CH0 doesn't appear correct (to me anyway!).

See if this code is more successful, then we can look at remote monitoring in.

Rob

hi Rob

thanks another time ..... but unfortunately the code is not opening coz the program which i use is (( RSlogix 500 micro starter lite )) my program version not supporting ur file . i dont know if u can convert it to my version ??? please

Hi Tawfeeq,

Here's a couple of screen shots that may help(only gives me option of ARCHIVE/LIBRARY/LOGIX.RSS file types)

Hope it helps.

Rob

SMS1.png SMS2.jpg SMS3.jpg

Dear Rob

i tried it and still nothing sent .. but i notice that u are putting (( channel 1 )) at the AWT block ??? i did it but a warring occur and the program didnt downloaded to the PLC ... when i change it to channel 0 no warring but still nothing sent .... i wana ask u if i have to set a driver or any thing else ?

Hi Tawfeeq,

Sorry, i think that test code was for a ML1500 and i was using CH1! Have you corrected the ASCII format in the string files yet? The other thing i normally do is connect the modem to the PC and fire off a test message using (say) Hyperterminal to prove all is well - then replicate in the PLC...

Let me know what you have tried so far - it's probably only something minor that's stopping you (just got to find it!!)

Rob

Dear Rob

i tried it and still nothing sent .. but i notice that u are putting (( channel 1 )) at the AWT block ??? i did it but a warring occur and the program didnt downloaded to the PLC ... when i change it to channel 0 no warring but still nothing sent .... i wana ask u if i have to set a driver or any thing else ?

untitled.JPG