GSV/SSV Object Name to Object ID value (CIP)

Archie

In a ControlLogix/CompactLogix when using a GSV instruction, all of the objects are referenced by name as well as the attribute. When using a MSG instruction to access a CIP object, the class, object, and attribute are refrenced by their ID number. Is there a cross reference that gives the ID numbers for the objects accessible via GSV?

For example, the WallClockTime object is used to access various attributes related to time. These values can also be accessed using CIP Object ID 0x8B

Similar Topics

Hello dear forum users, I have a system consisting of: RSLogix5000 v20.04 software Hardware Emulator v16-21 Executed on a VM Virtual Box virtual...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys; I am new here. Also, New to the PLC so I took some college courses and also learning by myself. I came across GSV/SSV instructions...
Replies
Views
My CompactLogix 1769-L32E has a minor fault: The GSV/SSV destination tag was too small to hold all of the data. How to fix the destination so it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a controllogix 1756-62 and it always popup a minor fault as attachement picture the gsv/ssv invalind operand only show when executing...
Replies
Views
All I am studying a PLC program from another facility. It uses an SSV instruction and a GSV. Data in SSV, GSV as follows...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom