GuardLink Safety Circuit Setup

OysterMan

Does anyone here have experience with the new GuardLink safety relays? They look like a dream to troubleshoot and work with since its just a trunk line and ethernet setup. I want to replace the existing safety circuit on one of our machines with the new setup. My question is about the trunkline taps, Should I have them all daisy chained in the panel and then run my patch cables to the sensors? Or have them mounted directly to the machine? The panel is right on the machine and all the sensors are within 20ft of the panel. Based on my experience it seems easiest to keep them setup like the old safety circuit. I know I need a tap every 98 ft minimum. Also for the power taps do the power supplies need to share a common ground? I asked the tech connect guys and they pointed me to the manual I already have open..

Last edited: