guide to setup slc500 for ethernet through serial port

irondesk40

Would anyone have a quickstart type guide that could be used to show how to start up rslinx, connect to a new slc500 plc out of the box, and then connect through its serial port to set up the ip address of the slc500.

i seached ab knowledge base for a few minutes, but had to get back to work.
If anyone already has one that they would like to post and share, thanks

If this is a new SLC why not use the BootP server to set the IP address? No messing with serial at all.

If you must do serial, then in simple terms:

Add the DFI driver to linx
Select SLC Ch0
AutoConfigure

In RSLogix Go to Controller Properties, Comm Tab
Select DF1 driver
Goto to Comms - Online

Once Online, goto Channel Configuration, Chan 1 System Tab
Deselect BootP and setup ENET parameters, select Apply

You'll need to make sure your offline program matches the ENET settings when you go to download your program. OR, as an alternative, setup the ENET offline, and instead of going Online do a download first, then online.

EDIT: Mickey beat me too it....The last attachment doc file is what I was explaining above.

Last edited: