GX developer: Downloading from PLC to PC

Uploading to your PC will not cause a problem with the PLC, if something went belly up it would only corrupt your file and as at that time you will not have saved it just re-open it, anyway, that is a backup so you still have the master.
If you want to test your graphics page you could run GTWorks and create an HMI file (doesn't matter what one as long it is an actual HMI and not a Softgot one), create your graphic with buttons etc. set the simulator to USB communication and connect to the PLC via USB & test your graphics you would need to add the PLC code to your PLC this means you have two connections one for the SoftGot PC & one for your laptop via USB, I noticed that when simulating via USB to an actual PLC it is very slow but allows you to test your graphics & logic. Using the PLC simulator does work a lot faster though.

Uploading to your PC will not cause a problem with the PLC, if something went belly up it would only corrupt your file and as at that time you will not have saved it just re-open it, anyway, that is a backup so you still have the master.
If you want to test your graphics page you could run GTWorks and create an HMI file (doesn't matter what one as long it is an actual HMI and not a Softgot one), create your graphic with buttons etc. set the simulator to USB communication and connect to the PLC via USB & test your graphics you would need to add the PLC code to your PLC this means you have two connections one for the SoftGot PC & one for your laptop via USB, I noticed that when simulating via USB to an actual PLC it is very slow but allows you to test your graphics & logic. Using the PLC simulator does work a lot faster though.
That's great. Very generous of you to share your knowledge with others.
Unfortunately, I am on reduced hours due to the impact of COVID, so I'll look into this next week.

Last edited: