GX Developer (Melsec) to Allen Bradley RSLogix.

qabdj

I was given a job which requires upgrading an existing GX Developer project to a RSLogix/MicroLogix project. Time has already been alloted and if I am unable to do this easily we will lose out big time as it was bid VERY LOW!

From an FX3U to now using a MicroLogix 1100 Series B PLC.

Is there anyway of doing this with minimal time involved? I was looking for a Migration or even Export ability but am doubtful after my searches over the past few days.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or links.. Or if you've done this yourself even, what was the best course of action to minimize the time involved to cut actual programming costs?

Thank you all for your consideration!

-D.J.

For a single project I would set my computer up with a dual monitor, put RSLogix on one monitor, GX Developer on the other and start typing in code.

I've done this with large PLC2 to PLC5 conversions and it didn't take that long. Now, if it was several large projects, I might spend some time trying automate the task but for a one-off, I don't find that its worth it. Especially if you know the AB mnemonics, you can type a whole rung in ascii without touching the mouse.