Gxdeveloper Help with focing i/o

GEISHAKER

Hello I am using gxdeveloper for the 1st time.. i am very used to rslogix, but am having trouble with the gxdeveloper in forcing on and off my inputs, outputs, and memory bits. can someone please tell me if this is possible, and if so how to do this thanks

Justin

Force I/O

In ladder, in online mode you can force I/O by clicking on the bitto highlight it, then shift and return on keyboard. Use this to toggle on/off.

Or right click and choose Device Test, you can then also force register values. Again you must be on-line.

first of all forget RSLogix, forcing in GX developer doesn't work the same way. when you "force" output, it is only setting the value once. in case processor is not running, rung is not scanned or the output is not used at all, the change will stay...
but if the output is used in program it will be overwriten just like if you tried to toggle OTE in RSLogix.
inputs behave differently. if input is low, you can force it.
if input is high, you cannot. for example if the sensor wired to the input is on, you won't be able to force this input low in program.