Have many of you used Indeed to find talent ? If so , was it successful ?

Cydog

Good Morning ,

Looking into hiring , to replenish our retiring workforce . Have you had success using Indeed , and how much does it cost ? Was it worth the cost ?

I heard it is a free method , of using it . Is that true ?

Thanks so much .

I also need to hire, not looking to hire to replace but just add... I also dont need someone with a ton of experience

There is also Glassdoor, I have been looking at both but not posted.

I just want someone with a little electrical background and I (we) will teach the rest, I hired a kid from the high school some years back and that worked OK

I am going to do what my old boss did... hire someone in there mid to late 20's has 2 or 3 kids and just bought a house and a new car, they are hungry for work and show up everyday because they are up to their *** in debt

Why not use a recruiter? Sure they charge more than indeed, but you will get a better candidate most of the time. The average rate is 25% of the first year salary.

I would use LinkedIn before Indeed.

my previous job was found on cybercoders.
i used zip recruiter, cybercoders, indeed, linkedin, tenn. state job service, and several others for my current job. A headhunter found my resume online and gave me a call. We talked and they got me the interview. i put out over 100 resumes, several interviews. some of the companies i interviewed with in 2020 are still looking for the same position, go figure.
james

Edit - this is from the other side as a person looking for work (not currently looking).

When looking for jobs I generally use indeed, but the only problem with it is a lot of people have garbage jobs. (Networking can be way better, so you might just ask around. I haven't used LinkedIn to get a job but it might be good as well.)

Entry level (on-call 24/7/365) with 50 years experience for $3 an hour, great benefits, some say the best benefits! - PASS

Last edited: