Hello everybody I have a Question

rdwg08

Hello again everybody. I think I already know the answer to the following question. But im going to ask it anyway just in case. So here goes. If (in S7) a program was created in lets say German. Is there a way to change the language other than translating it one line at a time. In other words can you convert S7 logic from one language to another. Again Im sure that you can not but you never know. Thank you in advance for not yelling at me too much for asking a stupid question. lol

There should be a language selection in the menu, (Hopefully was installed with English/German),but this will only change the step 7 part of the programming software.

If you want to convert actual names off symbols, or network comments, then I have cut and pasted the German text before using a free software package (Systran - was on the cover of a magazine!). (Cut convert paste).

Some words/phrases converted literally - converting the German word for "Inverter" came out as "Static frequency changer"!!!

Thank you sir. Ill give it a try. The guy before me was German and im fairly new to the PLC world. So its hard enough trying to learn on the job. but when everything is in german it makes it that much more difficult. Thanks again.

If you do get stuck don't forget there are a few German regulars here as well as some non-Germans who nonetheless have a pretty good command of the language, so you should usually be able to get some pretty swift help if you need it.