Hello, please help.

Or you could use the System 1 sec pulse (as Jeebs said) to increment a counter and then use comparators to check the value of the count and bring on the appropriate output (and then a further comparator to reset the counter when it reaches the last output value).

;-)

the easiest way I would think is use the counter and compares

Here's one implementation for Q0.0 to Q0.7
I've set the clock memory to MB0 in the h/w config.

Code:
      A     M      0.3
      FP    M      1.3
      JCN   x
      AN    Q [MD   100]
      =     Q [MD   100]
      FN    M      1.4
      JCN   x
      L     MB   103
      +     1
      AW    W#16#7
      T     MB   103
x:    NOP   0

@LD, a very succinct answer. Just spent ten minutes working through it. At first I thought it wouldn't reset after it had brought on all the bits but then got my head around the 'AW' and it all became clear. Great work! ;-)

Here's one implementation for Q0.0 to Q0.7
I've set the clock memory to MB0 in the h/w config.

Code:
      A     M      0.3
      FP    M      1.3
      JCN   x
      AN    Q [MD   100]
      =     Q [MD   100]
      FN    M      1.4
      JCN   x
      L     MB   103
      +     1
      AW    W#16#7
      T     MB   103
x:    NOP   0

Well that should secure an A+ for the homework but the teacher may suspect that a novice didn't arrive at this solution. :)

Nick

I was away on a business trip. Thank you all, I will implement all of your examples, and analyse them. I will be back with thoughts and questions.

Later edit:

I would like to thank you again for your help. Actually I did manage to finish this part of this project on my own, which I will post here for you guys to see. I did arrive to this solution by myself, and of course I have shown it to my "teacher" right before I was to leave. From what I can recall he said that my resolve was all right in the most part, but I have to admit it did not work quite well when jumping from q0.7 back to q0.1, and the stat of M0.1, so he made some corrections. This was last week, and right after our talk I left, so I have had no time to check back with you guys. I see that many of you have posted breakdowns for this project for which I thank you. Now he wants to go further with this project, so I have got another homework assignment, where I have to make the same thing with only 4 timers. Or with shifting. I reckon this will be a lengthier project than I have thought a week ago. :p

As I said in the attachment you can find my way of resolving this part of this project.

I will check, and implement all your resolutions and be back with questions and thoughts.

Best regards,
Attila

network1_3.jpg network4_5.jpg network6_7.jpg

Last edited: