Help adding new compact block logic.

AndEdtec

Hi, I Have only ever used mitsubishi and ASI networks.

Could somebody help me with adding some extra Compact block IO to an
existing system.

PlC is L35e with a 1769SDN/B device scanner. It has an encoder card installed on the rack. It has a driveflex vsd on the network and two 1791d888p I/O cards and a PV300.

I'm using rs logix 5000.

How many nodes can I have on a network?

Does everything take 1 node each or for example does the drive take 2 node?

I haven't posted for a while, I know I should get the maunal's out but a little help would be great.

Thanks

Hi andy

Each item takes up 1 node address like asi and you can have up to 62 nodes.
You will also need rs logix for device net And if you plc is firm ware 17 you will need ver 17 of logix same if it's ver 19 and so on

Donnchadh

Hi andy

Sorry typo just got love phones for typing

You are correct it's rs networks for device net

Donnchadh