Help finding EDS file?

stretch_af

I have reached a dead end trying to find an EDS file.
Manufacturer says to contact third party tech support.
Clueless.
RSLINX can see it, just a question mark though.

Any pointers on tracking down an EDS file?

XPort-EIP-MB
Vendor 940
EDS file name: 03AC000C00C901XX.EDS

eds.JPG

From their product reviews:

"BernardVerified Reviewer
3.0 star rating
05/30/23
EDS file for EIP module
Review by Bernard on 30 May 2023review stating EDS file for EIP moduleI'm surprised not to find an example EDS file for this EIP module. Where can I find this?
Share ' Share Review by Bernard on 30 May 2023 Comments (1) Was This Review Helpful? 0 0
Comments by Store Owner on Review by Bernard on 30 May 2023

Grid Connect
05/31/23
The XPORT-EIP-MB is highly configurable and the contents of the EDS file depend entirely on your configuration. Normally we are assisting the product developers who are integrating this XPORT-EIP-MB into their design, and during that time we provide a "stub" example EDS file from which they can create their own EDS for their end product. "

https://www.gridconnect.com/products/xport-ethernet-ip-to-modbus-serial

If I recall correctly, 20+ years ago Lantronix was making XPORT modules to be integrated in 3rd party devices.
It was basically a small configurable Ethernet to serial converter that fits in side of RJ45 connector with configurable application protocols.
They allow end users to customize these and as a result, the end user needs to generate the EDS file.
I think AB NET-ENI devices used these modules at some point.

After much back and forth with tech support, we finally got it figured out.

We never were able to get an EDS. Our only goal was to change the IP address of these modules.

We had to boot-up an old XP laptop with a older version of BOOTP, ver 2.3, to change the IP address.
Seriously, my new-ish Windows 10 laptop with BOOTP version 3.05 wouldn't work.

Anyone ever run into a situation that required an old version of BOOTP?

At the very least the devices claiming to support it sure have. I have to dance with them just about every time I need BootP. I don't think I've had them work first time on anything. Fiddle and try again and it works. I've just accepted that's how it goes.... Like so many things these days.