Help finding PanelBuilder 1400E for Panelview 1200 file conversion

Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading a PanelView1200 HMI program to be developed in FactroyTalk View Studio.
The filetype for PanelView 1200 programs is .cfg. Only PanelBuilder1400e is able to open these files, and then save them in a new format (.pvc) which can be opened by FactoryTalk View Studio.

I've been able to successfully upload the existing program into PanelBuilder 1200, which I'm running on windows 3.1 in a virtual machine. I'm also able to transfer files between my host and this VM using a third party MS-DOS utility.

Since uploading the program, I've discovered that Panelbuilder1400e is the only migration path from PV1200 to FTview Studio.
I expected to have access to the download for this program since I have the Rockwell 'legacy package' serial codes - however it turns out this specific software isn't included.
Although the Rockwell website shows that PanelBuilder 1400e exists and is downloadable, they are no longer selling the licenses, so I am unable to purchase or download it from the site.
Rockwell TechConnect declined to simply forward me the files, but recommended I reach out to any distributors to see if they had any machines with PanelBuilder1400e available, however I've exhausted my search, and nothing has turned up.

It's a shame because I don't even need the software for development purposes - it's solely to save an existing file in a new format.
I'm in desperate need of this. My only other alternative would be to create all of the old HMI screens from scratch in FactoryTalk View Studio.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I would be able to obtain the PanelBuilder 1400e software for this essential step?
Any serials or download files that anyone can provide?
My email is ileighto2gmail.com.

Many thanks.

If all you need is a conversion, post your project here (zip it first) and I can try to convert it for you.

Likewise - I have an old laptop with the 1400e software - Would email you in case you dont want to post it online but dont get your email so sent you a PM

Emailed you a zip file - The software converts it to a 1200e, i then also changed the device to a 1400e and saved both, you have both on email.....

Hi all,

I'm in the process of upgrading a PanelView1200 HMI program to be developed in FactroyTalk View Studio.
The filetype for PanelView 1200 programs is .cfg. Only PanelBuilder1400e is able to open these files, and then save them in a new format (.pvc) which can be opened by FactoryTalk View Studio.

I've been able to successfully upload the existing program into PanelBuilder 1200, which I'm running on windows 3.1 in a virtual machine. I'm also able to transfer files between my host and this VM using a third party MS-DOS utility.

Since uploading the program, I've discovered that Panelbuilder1400e is the only migration path from PV1200 to FTview Studio.
I expected to have access to the download for this program since I have the Rockwell 'legacy package' serial codes - however it turns out this specific software isn't included.
Although the Rockwell website shows that PanelBuilder 1400e exists and is downloadable, they are no longer selling the licenses, so I am unable to purchase or download it from the site.
Rockwell TechConnect declined to simply forward me the files, but recommended I reach out to any distributors to see if they had any machines with PanelBuilder1400e available, however I've exhausted my search, and nothing has turned up.

It's a shame because I don't even need the software for development purposes - it's solely to save an existing file in a new format.
I'm in desperate need of this. My only other alternative would be to create all of the old HMI screens from scratch in FactoryTalk View Studio.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I would be able to obtain the PanelBuilder 1400e software for this essential step?
Any serials or download files that anyone can provide?
My email is ileighto2gmail.com.

Many thanks.
I have such a panel, it is new in the package, maybe I can help you somehow?

Hey all,

Yes, so sorry I got wrapped up in something and forgot to update on where I was at with this!
It's been resolved, Mikey generously got me the file I needed and additionally helped with another issue I wasn't expecting :)
Many thanks for everyone's support <3