Help on leaving automatic mode

So no timer needed... you simply want to start up in order

1..2..3..4..5 then stop in order 5..4..3..2..1 ?

Of course, there is a timer when we stop to remove remaining product that is in the conveyor.
solution of lancie is very good (y)(that's i'm looking for).
only one thing that's not clear
when I look at the attachment of lancie, if I leave auto mode the rung in network 2 become open (so M101 stops immediately). isn't it?

Ieta,

Never fear, I have fixed it to do as your described.

However, this does not mean that I agree this is a good way to start a bunch of motors. For example, for many similar projects that I have done where large motors (20 horsepower or larger) start in sequence, if I did not allow a time delay of 5 to 10 seconds for each motor to get past its large starting current before the next motor was allowed to start, then bad things happened:

A large KW Demand charge appeared on the electricity bill, main breakers got overheated and tripped out, motor starters tripped or burned up from high start-up currents, the plant owner ran around shouting, waving his arms and pointing fingers, and my boss gave me a butt-chewing.

If these are small motors, no problem. If not, I suggest a START-UP timer in addition to the SHUTDOWN timer.

Also, I guess this may be homework. If so, may I suggest that you add a STOP pushbutton with logic to STOP motors. That should be your first worry: how to shut down things that are turing at high speed and can catch loose sleeves and pull people into open mixers. If that happend, where is the big STOP button to shut this stuff down.

Last edited:
I also supspected a school assignment.

Here is a tip for your program in step 7; Use more then one network. That will make everything easier.

Do you attach some thing?
See my file "Leave Auto R1.pdf", in Post #20. It allows the motors to keep running after the Auto switch is turned off, and it uses more than one rung, with each motor on a separate rung. One thing needed are Stop buttons to stop each motor if that should become necessary.