Help please! Citect and DH485

Jayden

I am trying to work out if I can connect Citect to a SLC5/04 with the following setup.

SLC5/04
AIC+ (from 232 serial port on SLC5/04 to DH484 network)
DH484 network
1747UIC

I only have a USB port and RSLinx Lite.

Is it possible with the above setup??

Yes and no.

First the serial port on your SLC5/04 will have to be configured for DH485.

RSLinx Lite will not work with SCADA software. You will need a licensed version of RSLinx.

Thanks for the reply.

Is getting the full RSlinx the only option to make this work?

Ill have to have a look to see what the port is currently configured as.

SCADA software will not work with RSLinx Lite, only the programming software will.
You will also need another AIC+ on the PC side. I would have a look at a KTX card for your PC. And use the SLC5/04's DH+ port. Or better yet change the SLC5/04 to a SLC5/05 and use ethernet.

Thanks Mickey, I might have to look into a KTX card. Can I connect to the DH+ port with citect while at the same time the processor is communicating to a few panelviews via the existing DH484 network?