Help with RSLogix 500 linking with 5/03

hrhoward

Hello,
I have been searching but can't seem to find the answer.

I have been trying to connect to a 5/03 using RSlinx v 1.70.62 and RSLogix 500 v 7.30.10. My laptop's OS is XP home.

I keep getting the message Enter an octal value 0 to 77. My Node field is shaded.

sounds to me like your using the wrong driver.

also do you have the 1747-cp3 cable? using a USB port?

if yes to the first question and nop to the second then make sure your using
use the SLC-0/micro/ driver with CRC make sure your Comport is correct If its correct it will find the Nodes however usually it will be node 0

Once you have selected the DF1 driver and open the configuration look for the section labeled 'Device'. Open that and find the 'SLC0/Micro..' etc. device tyep. Then you should be able to use the 'Auto' function.

The DF1 Full Duplex configuration screen in RSLinx looks like this:

DF1FD.PNG

The "Autoconfig" feature ought to work with an SLC-5/03 controller, a 1747-CP3 cable, and a real COM1 serial port.

RSLinx 1.70 is very very old; I think it was released in 1999. RSLinx 2.53 is the current release and is available at no charge (though it is a very large file) from the Rockwell Automation software web updates site (support.rockwellautomation.com).

I have been trying to connect to a 5/03 using RSlinx v 1.70.62 and RSLogix 500 v 7.30.10. My laptop's OS is XP home.
Somehow I had the idea that Windows XP Home Edition was not approved by Rockwell to run either RSLinx or RSLogix.

EDIT: Here is an excerpt from Rockwell Knowledgebase ID 42682, Software Platform\HardwareCompatibility Matrix:
Green cells with checkboxes indicate that the combination is supported, while yellow cells indicate support provided the additional requirements are adhered to (refer to the footnotes listed below the respective charts). A cell that does not contain any information means that particular combination of products is either not officially tested or not officially supported. If a certain platform or hardware/software piece is not listed (e.g. Windows XP Home, Windows Embedded, Linux), then it is not officially supported by any software product.

Last edited:
xp home does not work

i have also had a ton of problems using xp home with ab software we ended up upgrading to pro. also vista is not officially supported yet as far as i know

XP Home is not supported AND I believe you'll require RSLinx 2.40 or higher.

Vista is "supported" in Version 8.0 of RSLogix 500 and RSLinx 2.53 which are both available.

Last edited: