Help with writing data

chunt79

Hello everyone. My question is about moving data into selective bits in Controllogix. I want to move a hex value into the last word(bits 16-31) of a mapped devicenet field. The first 16 bits (0-15) are being used to control the state of a UV lamp power supply and the last 16 bits (16-31) are being used to control the power level of the lamp. Any help or direction would be great. Thanks

You can use the Bit Distribute instruction to copy desired bits (the hex value) to bits 16-31 in the destination Word.

I usually use MUL or DIV by powers of 2 to move bits around, instead of Bit Distribute or Bit Shift instructions. Then I use Masked Move (MVM) to put the data into the target data element.

But that just proves there are multiple ways to do things, even within the same operating system !