Hex to ASCII

AngBaj

Hi there,

How to do HEX conversion to ASCII in Rockwell software? In Siemens there is HTA instruction. Any advice's?

I have RFID scanner I need to display scanned code on the HMI, but read value need conversions.

Has anyone got Add on instruction for that?

Thank you in advance :)

I'm going to assume you are only converting numbers, unless you are spelling words that only contain A through F, is this correct?

If so, take the SINT form of your Hex value and ADD 48. Then MOV this value into your new String. Example: MyString.DATA[0], next one in MyString.DATA[1], etc... Make sure to set the length of your string MyString.LEN.

Similar Topics

Hi, Guys I'm trying to upgrade a device witch comms is thru a RS232. The PLC is a Compactlogix L16ER to a remote PIO 1734-AENT then on this PIO a...
Replies
Views
Hi All, have a quick one new enough to this type of programming, I am using a Allen Bradley point IO with 1734-232ASC card to send out data, I...
Replies
Views
Hey, i've been working on getting some add-on instructions defaulted in the company i work in. i am currently trying to create a string which...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm working in RSLogix 5000. I have an ASCII string of letters & numbers (call it String_3) which I have used INSERT to add a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using a Click PLC for MODBUS communication with a range of gas sensors - everything is going reasonably well in that I can read / write...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom