Looking to output an ASCII string of letters and numbers into its pure hex values

kjpmi

Hello everyone,
I'm working in RSLogix 5000. I have an ASCII string of letters & numbers (call it String_3) which I have used INSERT to add a string of letters (String_2) to the very front of String_1 which is numbers. So if that makes sense, my final string I'm left with is in the format XXXX012345.
What are my options for converting this ASCII string? I'm pretty sure STOD will just ignore the letters. Not sure what else I can do. Ideally ASCII to hex would work as long as I could translate it back, say on a readout on an HMI.
The whole point of this is that the person who wants this doesn't want it stored as an ASCII string, they want to be able to store it as it's hex values.

I do not quite understand what your problem is. String is just an array of bytes. Each byte is one character in your String. Each ASCII character has a number representation. So it is all there what you need.