High Performance GE iFIX Application With Siemens PLC

thiborba

Hi team!

I'm starting some iFIX application migrations and some of them are being developed with the high performance library.

Some objects that we commonly use like optimized analog indicators or small PID values faceplates are not in the standard high-performance libraries.

Could someone share some .fds libraries or objects developed for high performance applications for iFIX?

Imagine thinking iFix is high performance... LOL

LOL, No Kidding...

But the whole idea of "High Performance HMI" is that there are NO animations, pretty graphics or indicators. P&ID diagrams, color changes and maybe Namur symbols for the colorblind.
But that's not the image anyone uses on their brochures to SELL their SCADA software . . .

Last edited:
LOL, No Kidding...

But the whole idea of "High Performance HMI" is that there are NO animations, pretty graphics or indicators. P&ID diagrams, color changes and maybe Namur symbols for the colorblind.

About colourblindedness, I used to run my graphics through this website

https://www.color-blindness.com/coblis-color-blindness-simulator/

to show what it looks like for colourblind people and whether we even asked before making people work on these systems. No one asks about it (which I can sort of understand) but no one cares whether someone may not be able to read the control screen in front of him.

But that's not the image anyone uses on their brochures to SELL their SCADA software . . .

I was going to say Ignition is a bit different in that respect, but alas there's a hideous picture with all colours of the rainbow in their website. Though they do bring up the boring graphics.

It's weird to me though having seen this standard in the early noughts and making sense then and still seeing loads of colours, no text and animated pipes in newly made projects.