High Temp Limit Switch

MajorFault

We are currently using Honeywell HDLS Microswitches in a hot press application. ******t temp is usually around 450F. Having problems since these switches are only rated for 250F. Can anyone out there direct me to a similar switch that is rated for that temp range? I have been hunting for one but, no luck.
Thanks in advance for any help!

I once had a customer that wanted to measure the temperature of 700-800 degree F material in a drum reactor. He wanted to know the material exit temperature, not the drum shell temperature. I recommended an infrared scanner mounted to view into the drum mouth at an angle to look at the material bed, and arranged not to see the drum metal. The infrared detector had to be mounted nearby on a frame in an insulated box with compressed-air cooling, to prevent the electronics from experiencing temperatures above 500 degrees.

Lancie1 said:
I once had a customer that wanted to measure the temperature of 700-800 degree F material in a drum reactor. He wanted to know the material exit temperature, not the drum shell temperature. I recommended an infrared scanner mounted to view into the drum mouth at an angle to look at the material bed, and arranged not to see the drum metal. The infrared detector had to be mounted nearby on a frame in an insulated box with compressed-air cooling, to prevent the electronics from experiencing temperatures above 500 degrees.

I believe he is wanting to sense a motion or position, not a temperature (think prox switch.) He is having problems with his current switches because of the high temp environment.

Edit: Maybe you were pointing out the insulated box and compressed air cooling as a solution for his high temps.

If it is motion, then think remote infrared motion detector, or remote photoswitches mounted in low-temperature locations.