High Voltage Transformer lockout

Rson

I'm hoping someone may have some information.

I'm just trying to educate myself because we will have some projects coming up with some customer equipment. Unfortunately, the customer is not very responsive.

We are using a high voltage transformer (I think several thousand volts) as part of a process that we are interlocking with. It sounds like they have a safety system for getting into the transformer area that consist of a multi-key lockout to ensure anyone inside the area is safe from someone outside of the area from energizing the transformer.

I've done some searching but found no such devices or mentions of this safety system online. I'm hoping I just don't know the terminology and am searching for the wrong thing.

Is this sounding familiar to anyone? Can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm hoping someone may have some information.

I'm just trying to educate myself because we will have some projects coming up with some customer equipment. Unfortunately, the customer is not very responsive.

We are using a high voltage transformer (I think several thousand volts) as part of a process that we are interlocking with. It sounds like they have a safety system for getting into the transformer area that consist of a multi-key lockout to ensure anyone inside the area is safe from someone outside of the area from energizing the transformer.

I've done some searching but found no such devices or mentions of this safety system online. I'm hoping I just don't know the terminology and am searching for the wrong thing.

Is this sounding familiar to anyone? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Castell in the UK is what commonly used

http://www.castell.com/en/castell/products.php

One in LV device, one in MV device, released when opened, lock off/tag off your breakers, both keys go in box to allow access to Tx enclosure

Page 10, transformer interlocking:

http://www.castell.com/common/downloads/castell_switchgear_applications_guide.pdf

Last edited: