High Volume Analog Data Traffic

mbrockley

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions that could help me out. I am looking for recommendations for hardware for an upcoming project.

I am looking to read about 100+ analog inputs with little to no logical code needed (other than to scale the values to a more readable form) and be able to funnel that data on to an excel CSV file or access database for later use.

I am thinking of a device that could be used as a standalone analog input card to accept a 4-20mA, 0-10V etc. signal, and write them over an ethernet/TCP protocol such as Modbus TCP to a Datalogger such as Red Lions Data Station Plus. Ideally the analog card would allow for scaling and adjustments for network settings.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Without knowing more detail, my first thought is a DAQ (Data Acquisition Unit). If you aren't using it for control but to simply measure the data this solution might be better especially when it comes to the software side on the computer. Maybe checkout National Instruments - http://www.ni.com/data-acquisition/what-is/